Tuesday 3 February 2015

Independent Course Summary

I'll try to summarize everything that I've learned throughout the independent coursework.

-Learned how to navigate and use Unreal Engine 4 for making games.
-Learned up to Chapter 2.2 on learncpp.com, found out how to make basic console programs.
(made a calculator program and a username/password script.)
-Learned the basics for making a basic c++ mainframe for a DirectX program.
-Learned how to create realistic large scale heighmaps. 
-Learned how to make ultra-realistic lighting in UE4.
-Learned the basics of using blueprints in UE4.
-Refreshed my memory on Lua scripting and made a new script for my server.
-Refreshed my memory on html and created a few pages/buttons for my website.
-Learned how to setup a fastDL server for my Garry's Mod server.
-Used PHP to create a widget that fetches a bunch of player data from the Garry's Mod server and displays it on the website.
-Refreshed my memory on MySQL databases.
-Switched from using a folder based stat-save system on the server to a MySQL database.
(Took away a lot of lag and glitches where stats wouldn't save.)
-Learned a ton in Photoshop. Made a bunch of logos and graphics.

That's it!



No comments:

Post a Comment